LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE
“No one after lighting a lamp covers it with a jar or puts it under a bed,
but puts it on a stand so that those who ever may see the light.”
What would your first impulse be when you finally meet your true love? Or when you get into the University you’ve been planning to go to? Or when you find out that you’re expecting your first child or grandchild? Or perhaps when you discover a cure for an illness that has been plaguing the world for years! Would it be safe to assume that you would shout it out for the world to know about? After all, it is good news! It’s something worth sharing.
So why is it, dear Christian, that you are so reluctant to share the BEST news you’ve ever received in your entire life? The news that despite our deserving of eternal punishment because of our sinful ways, Jesus took our place, died for all our sins, was buried and then rose from the grave on the third day.
Why are you so hesitant to even type in His name on your social media walls?
Is it the fear of being ridiculed and scoffed at?
- “The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, heard all these things, and they ridiculed him.” (Luke 16:14);
- “knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. (2 Peter 3:3)
Is it the fear of offending others with what you post?
- “For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” 1 Corinthians 1:18
Is it the fear of losing all your friends and relatives?
- “and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.” (Matthew 10:22)
- “My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it.” (Luke 8:21)
- “If the world hates you, know that it hated me before it hated you. ” (John 15:18)
Dear brother. Dear sister. I urge you to think about it. While we are so careful in not offending others, we are actually offending the One True God who gave us everything so that we may live. Share the Good News – in love – and be amazed with what it can do!
“Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.” (Luke 9:26)
Written By: Anne Ilagan